Cornerstone Credit Union, Rock Solid Advice, With Melissa Rippy and Lorna Cote.
About half of Americans make New Year’s resolutions each January, but only about 20% of people keep them. Getting into shape and achieving financial goals are among the most popular. Understand that getting in “shape” takes time. By tracking spending, making payments on time, you’ll get on track.
Who is Cornerstone Credit Union?
• Celebrating our 80th year in business.
• 4 locations – Sterling (W 3rd St), Milledgeville, Freeport & S Beloit
• Membership open to 11 counties in NW IL & S WI. Takes $25 deposit into your new savings account.
• Offer everything a bank does (checking, credit card, car loans, mortgages, online & mobile banking) but BETTER! Great loan rates
How is a CU different from a Bank?
• We are Member Owned, with a volunteer BOD. Our profits are put back into the business, allowing CU to offer better
rates on loans, new products, etc.
• We don’t charge high fees on our services. Still offer Free Checking!
• Focus on personal & small business loans. Very competitive rates & terms
• CUs are cooperatives. Designed for working class – People Helping People
Community – minded. Many outreach efforts throughout the year (i.e. Taste of Fiesta). We look forward to talking with Tom every month, offering tips
of good financial management and other things happening at Cornerstone. We love our community and hope you’ll come visit us for your financial
needs. Visit our website at cornerstonecu.org or stop in at 615 W 3rd St in Sterling or on Main in Milledgeville.