The Ranch House in Bureau is no longer standing. A fire on Friday leveled the longtime area motel, restaurant and bar. Firefighters got the call just after 11:30 a.m. to Jonesy’s Ranch House, which is located along Routes 26 and 29. It took firefighters about two hours to extinguish the blaze, according to Bureau Fire Chief Tim Shipp. More than two dozen departments responded. All 17 of the rooms in the motel were occupied on long-term rentals but no injuries were reported. Ship says the buildings are a total loss but didn’t have a dollar amount for the damages. A cause for the fire has yet to be determined.
The owner of the business is Mike Jones, a Princeton High School graduate. A gofundme page has been set up to raise money for the Ranch House and the people staying in the motel. The goal is $20,000.