MACOMB, IL – The Western Illinois University School of Agriculture will host its spring open house for prospective students and their parents from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, March 20 at the University Livestock Center, 2265 Wigwam Hollow Rd.
School of Agriculture faculty and current students will be on hand at the open house to answer questions and to lead tours of the WIU-Macomb campus, the University Farm and WIU's agriculture facilities. The event and lunch are free, and attendees will be entered into a drawing for a $200 scholarship. Students planning to enroll at WIU within the next two years will each get a $1,000 scholarship.
"Attending the School of Agriculture Open House is the best way for those interested in studying agriculture to learn about our program," said WIU Agriculture Instructor Janna Knupp. "Having the opportunity to visit with faculty, students and alumni, as well as tour the University Farm, gives future students an inside perspective of the opportunities available at WIU."
The lunch will be a Tex-Mex buffet, which will feature Leatherneck Country Meats.
The Spring 2020 Ag Open House schedule includes:
• 9-9:45 a.m. – Registration and student fair
• 9:45-9:50 a.m. – Welcome by WIU Agriculture Vocators
• 9:50-10 a.m. – Welcome by WIU School of Agriculture Director Andrew Baker
• 10-10:10 a.m. – Welcome from WIU Office of Admissions
• 10:10-10:20 a.m. – Alumni guest speaker, Michael Keane '15
• 10:20-11:20 a.m. – Farm tour
• 11:30-noon – Agriculture student panel
• Noon-1 p.m. – Lunch with faculty at the WIU Livestock Center
• 1:30 p.m. – Depart Livestock Center for optional walking tour of campus
Those who complete an undergraduate admissions application during the open house will have the $30 fee waived.
All participants should park at the WIU Livestock Center (located at 2201 Wigwam Hollow Rd.); a map of the WIU campus and directions to the WIU Livestock Center are available at bit.ly/WIUOpenHouse20.
The event is sponsored by West Central FS.