As you know, we are living through an unprecedented moment in history, and our plan for COVID-19 comes down to this: Together, we will continue to bring you the safe, high-quality healthcare that you and your family members can depend on! Beginning Friday, May 1, CGH Medical Center will re-open our clinics at a reduced volume. While continuing to closely follow IDPH and CDC guidance, careful attention to patient screening, masking, social distancing, intensive cleaning and safety guidelines will be followed. Our No Visitor policy continues at ALL locations.
Please remember that our top priority at CGH Medical Center has been and continues to be the health and safety of our staff, physicians and patients. You can rest assured that we have gone to great lengths to do everything possible to keep you healthy and safe!
Here is an overview of what you can expect at your appointment, as well as more detailed information about specific locations:
* All CGH clinics will reopen on Friday, May 1 (except the Walnut Clinic which is under construction).
* Patients are encouraged to bring and wear your own mask, or one will be provided to you upon entering any CGH location.
* All patients will be asked COVID screening questions and have temperatures taken when entering any of our CGH locations. You may be sent to another location if you have any COVID symptoms.
* NO visitors/extra family members will be allowed at any CGH location, unless they are with a patient that is a minor or needs a support person. One person per patient is allowed only in these situations.
* Patients will be contacted the day before their appointment to pre-register and to receive special instructions for their visit. This may include staying in your car and calling the receptionist when you arrive.
* All staff with any kind of patient interaction are required to wear a mask, for your safety and for theirs.
* Social distancing markers will be placed at check-ins and waiting areas.
* All surfaces in the waiting rooms and exam rooms will be cleaned after every patient. Patient education, pamphlets, table paper, magazines, etc. will be removed from exam rooms and waiting rooms.
* Don’t delay emergency care if needed! Again, we have many measures in place to ensure your safety in our Emergency Department.
* CGH Ready Care: Ready Care hours will be 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, and 9 am to 1:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday. Upon arrival, patients will need to call 815-564-1999 for further instruction.
* The Main Clinic Lab will be open from 6 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and will be closed on Saturday.
* Dixon, Lynn Blvd, Morrison, Chiropractic and Downtown Medical Centers: Walk-ins are highly discouraged. Patients will be pre-registered for their appointment. The nurse at the front door will screen the patient, check their temperature and provide a mask before proceeding into the office.
* Milledgeville, Mt. Carroll, Polo, Prophetstown, Rock Falls, and Fulton Medical Centers: No walk-ins will be allowed. Patients will be pre-registered the day before their appointment and provided instructions to remain in their vehicle and call the clinic office upon arrival. (The phone number will be posted at each clinic.) The nurse will meet and screen the patient at the front door, check their temperature and provide a mask before proceeding to an exam room.
* Main Clinic X-Ray: X-rays for Main Clinic providers will be done in the Main Clinic X-ray Department. Patients in Orthopedics and Podiatry will remain in their exam rooms until a staff member escorts them to take the x-ray. X-rays for outlying clinic patients (including Dixon and Morrison) will be done at the hospital.
* Oral Surgery and Vision Center: Patients will be pre-registered and will receive instructions to call upon arrival. The patient will enter the building and the screening process will be followed.
* Optical Center: Only patients who had an appointment with a provider may shop for glasses (exception of cataract patients who underwent surgery prior to COVID-19). Adjustments and pick-ups must be scheduled. No walk-ins will be allowed. If patients need to be seen at the Optical Center, designated chairs will be utilized for patients to wait in to ensure appropriate social distancing.
* Medical Records will re-open on May 4.
* Main Clinic Cardio Testing will resume normal business hours on Monday, May 4.
* Peds Rehab will remain closed until further notice, but telehealth appointments may be made. Please call for more information.
* Rehab (PT) Services will reopen in Morrison and Dixon. For questions about rehab appointments, please call (815) 622-1210.
* Elective Surgeries are currently set to begin Monday, May 11. These will be completed on a limited basis as each patient will be tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours of their surgery date.
In addition, we will continue to offer Telehealth visits – a way for new and established patients to see your healthcare provider – or a CGH Ready Care provider for more urgent issues – through a secure video appointment.
Please continue to watch our FB page and www.cghmc.com/covid19 for additions and updates to this information, or call your healthcare provider’s office with any questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding!